As a consumer of Ego’s products, we respect your privacy and we are committed to the protection of your personal information. Your personal details are obtained when you enter any of our promotional activities and are retained on our consumer database with your nominated consent for Ego market research, promotional and sampling purposes only. We may compile the database with the assistance of marketing service providers and their contractors.
Ego, its service providers and contractors are to comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) as set out in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To protect your privacy, Ego, its service providers and contractors will:
- Not release personal identifying information about you without your consent, unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served upon us.
- Not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
- Endeavour to ensure that your personal details are accurate and up-to-date.
- Retain your personal information in a secure place or form limited to access by only those personnel so authorised by Ego.
- Take appropriate steps to avoid misuse or loss of your personal information, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Ego has a complaints handling process in place to manage privacy risks and issues.
You have the right to review any of your personal information (except in circumstances expressly provided for in the NPP’s) by request to Ego’s Privacy Officer. If access is denied, a reason will be given. Corrections will be made to any incorrect information, or in the event of a correction being refused, a reason will be provided.